Cardamom Tented Camp or it's often called Cardamom Tented Camp - Departure Lodge is located in Trapeang Rong Commune, Koh Kong District, Koh Kong province and far about ~59km away from Kaoh Kong Circle.
Cardamom Tented Camp is in the category of the man-made resort, and accommodation. Things to do, as well as the attractions of Cardamom Tented Camp for tourists such as taking boat, camping, kayaking, food, seeing animal, trekking, swimming, accommodation and more.
From Cardamom Tented Camp: "Cardamom Tented Camp is a pioneering wildlife and nature conservation tourism project, striving to save the Botum Sakor National Park.
With the tagline, ‘Your Stay Keepsthe Forest Standing,’ Cardamom TentedCamp is a three-way initiative betweenthe Minor Group, YAANA Ventures and Wildlife Alliance offering eco-friendlypackages to adventure enthusiasts whoare keen to take part of real conservation work.The desire to create the camp grew out of a concern that an 18,000-hectare (180 km2) concession in Cambodia’s Botum Sakor National Park would fall into the hands of loggers, poachers and sand dredging operations, if it was not properly protected. The tract of land which is home to pristine lowland and coastal habitats is part of a vital elephant migration corridor managed by Wildlife Alliance and supported by the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation, an initiative of the Minor Group.
We believe that sustainable tourism is the way to bring about the change necessary to preserve and prosper the prevailing nature and communities in and around Botum Sakor National Park. By bridging the culture gap between open-minded travellers and resident communities in the area, Cardamom Tented Camp will facilitate the appreciation of the region’s natural resources and communicate the need for conservational efforts that are beneficial for all.
We act in a responsible way and further develop sustainable tourism by:
- Directly contributing 5% of all earnings toward the protection and conservation efforts of Wildlife Alliance
- Major employment and utilization of human- and physical- resources from the nearby communities
- Operating with an Open Business Policy, to provide other businesses with energy and impact measurements to benchmark and learn from each other
- Go beyond common sustainability practices and operate the most efficient systems in terms of Energy, Water and Waste procurement, disposal and handling
- Promotion of sustainable tourism and environmental and cultural knowledge exchange among all participants"
For the trip to the location of Cardamom Tented Camp, it is easy because it is not necessary to walk and cross the river or take a boat. For parking, tourists can park directly at the location.
For a relaxing seating area, Cardamom Tented Camp is not yet set up a seating area for tourists. Besides Cardamom Tented Camp has food ordering or food stations but for the canteen and restaurant are not exist.
For accommodation, Cardamom Tented Camp is not available yet such as bungalow, guesthouse, and hotel.