Koh Pdao or it's often called Koh Pdao Community Based Ecotourism is located in Kampong Cham Commune, Sambor District, Kratie province and far about ~45km away from Krong Kracheh Circle.
Koh Pdao is in the category of the natural tourism site, island, and beach. Things to do, as well as the attractions of Koh Pdao for tourists such as cycling, taking boat, seeing beach, camping, fishing, kayaking, having picnic, swimming, trekking and more.
From Koh Pdao Community Based Ecotourism: "KOH PDAO Community Based Ecotourism (CBET) is a beautiful village situated on Roungeav Island. It is one of the longest islands (around 45km long) along the Mekong river in Cambodia. The village is serene, beautiful and you can engage in many unique activities. This CBET was established in 2008, aiming at improving community livelihood through ecotourism services and contribute to fisheries resource conservation in the community particular MEKONG IRRAWADDY DOLPHIN. It is not only for local livelihood development, but some income from the CBET services are also contributing to conservation activities such combating illegal fishing.
WHAT CAN YOU DO IN THE COMMUNITY?
- Watching Irrawaddy Dolphin: Mekong Irrawaddy Dolphin is a critically endangered species but you can see them in this CBET.
- Cycling: Cycling is one of good travel options to see Koh Pdao. The flat ground and river breeze bring you an enjoyable experience of breath-taking views and rural lives of riparian communities.
- Boat trip: Spending your time on community boat enjoying the view of Mekong landscape and sunset will offer you an unforgettable and good memory of your trips.
- Mekong sandy beach:
- White sandy beaches in the dry season (Nov-May) is another attractive landscape for sunbathing, camping and sunset viewing.
- Fishing: You may want to gain the real experience of fishing by joining trips with the community in their daily traditional fishing for the Mekong wild fish or you can enjoy your own recreational fishing in community fishery zone.
- Homestay: to experience an authentic rural life by staying at community homestay is another way of learning and understanding culture, tradition and daily lifestyle of the community.
- Volunteering: spending some of your trip time to participate in community works such as informal education, experience sharing, waste management activities, farming or planting will not only give you an enjoyable time but also experience in interaction with the community.
- Community food
- Community homestay
- Community tour guide
- Boat and bicycle rental
- Plant your own tree
- Handicraft making
- Traditional dance performance
- Loud speaker for dancing at the night time
- Volunteering activities"
For the trip to the location of Koh Pdao, there is no walking but there is a crossing the river or taking a boat. For parking, tourists can not park directly at the location.
For a relaxing seating area, Koh Pdao is not yet set up a seating area for tourists. Besides Koh Pdao has no food ordering or food station, canteen, and restaurant.
For accommodation, Koh Pdao is not available yet such as bungalow, guesthouse, and hotel.